Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Run to the Prize

1 Corinthians 9:24-27   
24 Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. 25 And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. 26 Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. 27 But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified.

Here is motivation to persevere; when life in Christ is seen with a goal, and that goal is the heavenward call of God in Christ, then strength from Him and the will to press homeward as best we can is found.  We are told to run to win what does not rot or fade like Greek prizes on the head or self-satisfying trophies.  No, we are to have the absolute goal of certain eternity for God’s glory motivate us, fighting the good fight to the last breath beyond physical and spiritual measure, daily conquering sin and self so we can please God with the words of life, the gospel of salvation.  Disqualification is giving into failure instead of getting up, dying daily, and being resolute in following Christ.  We run to win for Him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment