Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Like-Mindedness

Philippians 2:19-24    
19 But I trust in the Lord Jesus to send Timothy to you shortly, that I also may be encouraged when I know your state. 20 For I have no one like-minded, who will sincerely care for your state. 21 For all seek their own, not the things which are of Christ Jesus. 22 But you know his proven character, that as a son with his father he served with me in the gospel. 23 Therefore I hope to send him at once, as soon as I see how it goes with me. 24 But I trust in the Lord that I myself shall also come shortly.

Paul trusted God, even as to whether he would be able to send a trusted brother in Christ to those in the church at Philippi when he wanted to go himself but was detained in prison.  The qualities of Timothy were crowned by the like-mindedness, the alignment of understanding the gospel and commitment to the Lord and His work.  Timothy cared as Paul did for the flock.  Timothy also was sincere in looking after others’ needs.  This tested and observed character made him like a son to Paul, and was the reason he would be sent until Paul himself was able to come as well.  What we learn here is faith in action, trust in character, and sincere serving.  These are qualities we all should pursue, whether we minister in a calling or called alongside to help.  

No comments:

Post a Comment