Thursday, December 25, 2014

God Calls Out His People


Zechariah 8:7-8   7 “Thus says the Lord of hosts: ‘Behold, I will save My people from the land of the east and from the land of the west; 8 I will bring them back, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. they shall be My people and I will be their God, in truth and righteousness.’
Jeremiah 31:33-34.   33 But this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the Lord: I will put My law in their minds, and write it on their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. 34 No more shall every man teach his neighbor, and every man his brother, saying, ‘Know the Lord,’ for they all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, says the Lord. For I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”

As God brought back His wandering people Israel, so He calls all peoples to Christ - to be our God, truly and with His righteousness alone.  He makes us new, putting His law in our hearts and minds; He lives in us as Spirit and we know Him personally and intimately.  This is why Jesus was born to die, and to rise from death to live again that we might live forever in Him in righteousness and truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment