Monday, December 1, 2014

Enemies on Earth, Family in Heaven


Micah 7:6-7 
6 For son dishonors father, daughter rises against her mother, daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law; a man's enemies are the men of his own household.  7 Therefore I will look to the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation; my God will hear me.

Jesus reminded his disciples that the cost of following Him was high; it meant that some relations would be set against you if you follow Christ, even to the point of becoming enemies.  Yet waiting on God and losing our lives and all that relates to them is the small cost of discipleship for His sake and eternity's reward.  So we take up our cross of death to ourselves and all life offers in exchange for everything.

Matthew 10:34-39   34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to “set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man's enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment