Monday, November 17, 2014

Salvation is of the Lord!


Jonah 2:2, 4, 7, 9  
"2 And he said: “I cried out to the Lord because of my affliction, and He answered me. ‘Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and You heard my voice.  4 Then I said, ‘I have been cast out of Your sight; yet I will look again toward Your holy temple.’"   "7 “When my soul fainted within me, I remembered the Lord; and my prayer went up to You, into Your holy temple.  9 But I will sacrifice to You with the voice of thanksgiving; I will pay what I have vowed. Salvation is of the Lord.”"

God hears when I call out to Him, even when I get myself into a situation due to not doing all He says, like Jonah.  This example is here to turn my eyes continually to my Lord, to worship with thanksgiving from my heart.  He delivers just as when I was lost and confessed, repented, and turned to Christ with faith that acted on His promises.  So I act and so I find His faithfulness in the promises to deliver and strength to obey out of love and not turn away from following.  Salvation is of the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment