Sunday, November 23, 2014

Freed at Last!


John 8:34-47 
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.  42 Jesus said to them, “If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and came from God; nor have I come of Myself, but He sent Me. 43 Why do you not understand My speech? Because you are not able to listen to My word.  45 But because I tell the truth, you do not believe Me. 47 He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.”

We are all sinners, coming ever short of God's standard of perfection.  Yet Jesus offers freedom if we love Him and listen to what He says.  God Himself came as a man to talk to us face to face, yet many still refused to listen, putting intellect and religion above the One who is the source of both.  If we are of God, we listen and believe Jesus Christ; if we are not of Him, we shut our ears, get angry, and reject Him.  Nobody can come to God unless He calls - and we listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment