Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Night for Day


Amos 8:9-10 
9 “And it shall come to pass in that day,” says the Lord God, “That I will make the sun go down at noon, and I will darken the earth in broad daylight; 10 I will turn your feasts into mourning, and all your songs into lamentation; I will bring sackcloth on every waist, and baldness on every head; I will make it like mourning for an only son, and its end like a bitter day."

People stopped hearing God's words as in Amos' time, and when Christ hung on the cross, they saw the sun darken in daytime as God's only Son died in their place - not when they listened and turned to Him, but He died while they were not seeking and still sinners.  He does that now as well (Rom.5:8), and brings hope in darkness and new life from us who are dead to Him in sin.  There can be joy and feasting again in Jesus the Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment