Monday, October 27, 2014

Knowing God and Showing Mercy


Hosea 6:4-6  
4 “O Ephraim, what shall I do to you?  O Judah, what shall I do to you? For your faithfulness is like a morning cloud, and like the early dew it goes away.  5 Therefore I have hewn them by the prophets, I have slain them by the words of My mouth; and your judgments are like light that goes forth.  6 For I desire mercy and not sacrifice, and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings."

Faithfulness should not blow away like fog in the morning, burning off as the heat of the day creeps in.  God saves by faith, and the just will then also live by faith, walking with Him in His mercy which we must share with others - no matter how difficult that is for us as mere men.  He wants us to know Him more, to trust Him always in all things, and not rely on what we give up or use in an attempt to somehow earn His favor.  God alone gives life or death, and He judges true - and offers grace freely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment