Thursday, October 30, 2014

Holy Mercy by Grace


Hosea 11:7-9   
7 My people are bent on backsliding from Me. Though they call to the Most High, none at all exalt Him.  9 I will not execute the fierceness of My anger; I will not again destroy Ephraim. For I am God, and not man, The Holy One in your midst; and I will not come with terror.

When we all in our sin wandered away from God, He sent His Son to quell His just anger for our sin against Him, choosing to forgive in mercy and unearned favor.  This grace promises forgiveness here and forever, paying our price for turning away from all He told us from Eden till now.  He is God, holy and not like us, so can choose not to execute judgment but show mercy.  But those who refuse to find refuge in Christ will still face that justice when face to face with Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment