Sunday, January 21, 2018

Stewards of Mystery

1 Corinthians 4:1-5   
1 Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one's praise will come from God.

If we minister the gospel through preaching or teaching, it must be as servants, not lording over others.  It must also be as good stewards of the gifts and callings in Christ, showing what God said and giving the understanding for us to live by.  This stewardship must be applied conscientiously and humbly, therefore.  We cannot judge ourselves when we fail, but seek forgiveness if needed and perseverance if undeserved.  The best judgement comes from God, so we wait for the final day before Him and not on man’s assessment or accusations before then.  We press on, knowing God will open our books and reveal all the hidden motives and circumstances.  Our praise comes from Him alone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment