Friday, June 8, 2018

Persuaded

Galatians 1:10-12    
10 For do I now persuade men, or God? Or do I seek to please men? For if I still pleased men, I would not be a bondservant of Christ.   11 But I make known to you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached by me is not according to man. 12 For I neither received it from man, nor was I taught it, but it came through the revelation of Jesus Christ.

Paul did not persuade God to put a stamp of approval on what he came up with to tell others, nor did he seek to get the crowd’s approval.  He persuaded men with the truth of God’s gospel, the words of life which were given him by Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit.  What Paul preached was shown him by God and communicated by him as His spokesmen, much like Moses and the prophets of old, yet different in the fact that he had the Spirit living in him that those before Pentecost did not.  He also differed from the other apostles in that he had seen Christ on the roar to Damascus, was told where to go many times, and was specifically encouraged by Jesus in Acts 23:11 to endure and eventually go to Rome to testify.  What Paul the servant said was from obedience to persuade men with the grace through faith of the gospel of Jesus Christ, not by his own reason or for his own glory. 

No comments:

Post a Comment