Sunday, June 10, 2018

Facing Unknown

Galatians 1:18-24    
18 Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and remained with him fifteen days. 19 But I saw none of the other apostles except James, the Lord's brother. 20 (Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I do not lie.).  21 Afterward I went into the regions of Syria and Cilicia. 22 And I was unknown by face to the churches of Judea which were in Christ. 23 But they were hearing only, “He who formerly persecuted us now preaches the faith which he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they glorified God in me.

Paul met Jesus face to face, and then went off to Arabia and came back to Damascus, the road he was originally traveling when he met Jesus.  But he stayed there 3 years before seeing Peter and the other apostles in Jerusalem for 2 weeks.  Then he went to Syria and Cilicia, preaching the words of life that pointed to the faith he once attacked.  God’s grace saved him, took time to grow him and know Him, and then he began serving.  This brought glory to God.  We also come to Christ, grow, and then serve when we are ready and mature by His work in us and leading of us.  This is how we also glorify God in ministering the gospel of Christ, knowing, growing, and following.  

No comments:

Post a Comment