Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Foolish Boasting

2 Corinthians 12:11-13   
11 I have become a fool in boasting; you have compelled me. For I ought to have been commended by you; for in nothing was I behind the most eminent apostles, though I am nothing. 12 Truly the signs of an apostle were accomplished among you with all perseverance, in signs and wonders and mighty deeds. 13 For what is it in which you were inferior to other churches, except that I myself was not burdensome to you? Forgive me this wrong!

Paul used foolish boasting to show his calling by God to be an apostle as the original ones who walked with Jesus in the flesh, for he had seen him on the Damascus Road and had been caught up to see visions of the heavenlies.  Paul also showed the signs of an apostle as we see throughout Acts, and persevered in all the things God used him for to minister the good words of life.  He treated the church in Corinth no worse than others and worked for a living to not burden them financially either.  Here he is demonstrating God’s call and ability that enabled him, so why did they doubt or criticize?  We can learn to support and acknowledge God’s called ministers of the gospel today, honoring their labor instead of seeking finding fault where none lies.  

No comments:

Post a Comment