Sunday, May 27, 2018

Basket Case

2 Corinthians 11:29-33    
29 Who is weak, and I am not weak? Who is made to stumble, and I do not burn with indignation?   30 If I must boast, I will boast in the things which concern my infirmity. 31 The God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who is blessed forever, knows that I am not lying. 32 In Damascus the governor, under Aretas the king, was guarding the city of the Damascenes with a garrison, desiring to arrest me; 33 but I was let down in a basket through a window in the wall, and escaped from his hands.

Paul realized his strength was in Christ alone; of himself, he was as weak as any other.  He also was incensed when false teachers and prophets caused his children, those He ministered to, to stumble in sin or disobedience to God by misinformation or misdirection.  He knows before God this is so, and gives further proof of his calling in humility and care at all costs by retelling how he had to escape by allowing others to smuggle him out a window in a basket.  He did not bravely push through the garrison waiting to capture him, but timidly snuck away.  The call and work was not of pride or self accomplishment, but all of grace!  This should be our attitude in following this example.  

No comments:

Post a Comment