Thursday, September 7, 2017

Voice in the Storm

Acts 27:22-26 
22 And now I urge you to take heart, for there will be no loss of life among you, but only of the ship. 23 For there stood by me this night an angel of the God to whom I belong and whom I serve, 24 saying, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must be brought before Caesar; and indeed God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ 25 Therefore take heart, men, for I believe God that it will be just as it was told me. 26 However, we must run aground on a certain island.”

God showed Paul that the storm would destroy the ship only, as long as they listened.  The assurance was that God had plans for Paul which were absolute and laid out already for him to go before Caesar with the words of life.  God also granted the lives of all traveling with him, no matter how fierce the storm.  So he encouraged all to trust God through him until they ran aground and were safe.  God has absolute sovereign design and control over our circumstances.  He is faithful to His plans for us to the end of His glory in it all.  So we have faith - we trust the God of all in all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment