Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Faith’s Witness

Romans 1:8-12   
8 First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of His Son, that without ceasing I make mention of you always in my prayers, 10 making request if, by some means, now at last I may find a way in the will of God to come to you. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift, so that you may be established— 12 that is, that I may be encouraged together with you by the mutual faith both of you and me.

Why was Paul thankful? The Roman followers of Jesus Christ were examples of and for the gospel; many knew their story and so Paul reminded and encouraged them that he did also.  He also let them know of his constant prayer and desire to come to see them in person. His prayer was not just to be with them, but to build their faith up and encourage each other in Christ.  This pastoral heart was lit by God in Paul’s soul and so he poured himself out as a drink offering on them for their grown in knowing and making Him known.  A great example of a servant heart to follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment