Tuesday, June 10, 2014

We are Where God Dwells - Tremble in Humility


Isaiah 66:1, 2, 5. 
1 Thus says the Lord: “Heaven is My throne, And earth is My footstool.  Where is the house that you will build Me?  And where is the place of My rest?  2 For all those things My hand has made, And all those things exist,” Says the Lord. “But on this one will I look: On him who is poor and of a contrite spirit, And who trembles at My word.  5 Hear the word of the Lord, You who tremble at His word: “Your brethren who hated you, Who cast you out for My name's sake, said, ‘Let the Lord be glorified, That we may see your joy. ’But they shall be ashamed.”

God is above all He made, so our buildings we meet in are not for Him, but merely a place to meet together - what He wants is to live within us so we worship from out of our hearts, our lives.  That is why He looks for humility and total reliance on Him and His word to us to guide us.  And if we so transparently live and avoid empty ritual and tradition, there will be those who say they are His, yet will speak evil of us.  They will be ashamed as we see God truly glorified in sincerity and truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment