Tuesday, June 24, 2014

His People Obey in His Way


Jer 7:22-23   
22 For I did not speak to your fathers, or command them in the day that I brought them out of the land of Egypt, concerning burnt offerings or sacrifices. 23 But this is what I commanded them, saying, ‘Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. And walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, that it may be well with you.’

To obey is better than sacrifice; we can try to earn God's favor by doing good - feeding the poor, building hospitals, etc. - but He wants our hearts.  He desires that we listen and live out His will in both heart and actions.  This is not forced obedience, but a burning desire to please God in response to and with thanksgiving for the grace that delivered us from death and Hell that we rightly deserve.  Walk with Him with your whole heart, mind, life, and strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment