Wednesday, February 19, 2014

My Redeemer Is My Desire


Psalms 73:23-28  
Nevertheless I am continually with You; You hold me by my right hand.  24 You will guide me with Your counsel, And afterward receive me to glory.  25 Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You.  26 My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  27 For indeed, those who are far from You shall perish; You have destroyed all those who desert You for harlotry.  28 But it is good for me to draw near to God; I have put my trust in the Lord God, That I may declare all Your works.

Job 19:25-27   For I know that my Redeemer lives, And He shall stand at last on the earth; 26 And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, That in my flesh I shall see God, 27 Whom I shall see for myself, And my eyes shall behold, and not another.  How my heart yearns within me!

The hope that is no mere wish is absolute.  I will stand before my Lord God in Christ at the end, and He will make it so; so I put Him first day by day as I die to myself and live for Jesus Christ.  I draw closer to Him at every opportunity, and wait for the day I stand before Him who has my heart.  There will be shame for my failures, but joy in the forgiveness of the never-ending day's dawning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment