Thursday, December 26, 2013

God’s Choice, Not Man’s


John 13:18 
“I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.' 

John 17:12  While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.   John 17:15  I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one.   John 17:20.  "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word;"    John 17:17.  Sanctify them by Your truth. Your word is truth.

Judas chose rebellion and received Hell as a consequence; we who are chosen and respond with belief to the truth are never lost as Judas was, and are kept by God's word as we are transformed to ever increasing glory in the face of our savior Jesus Christ.  Just as 11 of the 12 were chosen and kept, so we who now believe are promised the same.  Christmas is how we celebrate how much God loves the world, sending His Son for this new life by taking our punishment for sin and allowing us freely to enter in to his presence for unending time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment