Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Christ Brought Light into Darkness


Christmas is the Gospel - Good News!   When the Light, the Truth, the Son of God came into this world, He showed Himself as God among us - Emmanuel.  The Child was God's Son given to call us to repent (turn away from sin and toward Him), then He took the just penalty of death and eternal separation from God in Himself to nail it to the cross.  Then He came back from death to prove He offers life forever to us who have turned, coming in belief and trust and receiving this Child as Lord and God.  "This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners, of whom I am chief." (1Timothy 1:15)

Isaiah 9:2   2 The people who walked in darkness Have seen a great light; Those who dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, Upon them a light has shined.   6 For unto us a Child is born, Unto us a Son is given; And the government will be upon His shoulder. And His name will be called Wonderful, Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Matthew 4:13-17   13 And leaving Nazareth, He came and dwelt in Capernaum, which is by the sea, in the regions of Zebulun and Naphtali, 14 that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Isaiah the prophet, saying:  15 “The land of Zebulun and the land of Naphtali, By the way of the sea, beyond the Jordan, Galilee of the Gentiles: 16 The people who sat in darkness have seen a great light, And upon those who sat in the region and shadow of death Light has dawned.  17 From that time Jesus began to preach and to say, “ Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.”

John 18:37  Pilate therefore said to Him, “ Are You a king then?”  Jesus answered, “ You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice.”

John 12:46-48   I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in Me should not abide in darkness. 47 And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. 48 He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him —the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment