Sunday, November 26, 2017

Falling for the World’s Riches

Romans 11:11-15   
11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!   13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

Israel was chosen as a people of God, yet stumbled in disbelief and disobedience.  This was to open the door to others from all nations to enter into His rest through Christ to be adopted by His calling them out, as many were promised to Abraham.  This was not to replace Israel with the Gentiles, but to humble them to see God’s call to those of all peoples of His creation.  So God shows all who are chosen are His people in order to strike jealousy also for truth in humility for Israel to turn to Him.  Because they fell away, many others have been reconciled to God; now they also can find life from death. 

No comments:

Post a Comment