Saturday, March 5, 2016

Faithless?

Luke 9:38-42 
38 Suddenly a man from the multitude cried out, saying, “Teacher, I implore You, look on my son, for he is my only child. 40 So I implored Your disciples to cast it out, but they could not.” 41 Then Jesus answered and said, “O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you and bear with you? Bring your son here.” 42 And as he was still coming, the demon threw him down and convulsed him. Then Jesus rebuked the unclean spirit, healed the child, and gave him back to his father.

God took time to heal a man's only son when nobody could or believed it could be done.  They did not have trusting belief, faith, that Jesus could - but the father did.  So the Heavenly Father gave up and then raised up His only Son when we did not believe - and now opens our eyes to believe, trust His word and work, and be given new life in Christ.  We are faithless but He is faithful!

No comments:

Post a Comment