Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Well Pleasing Begotten Son

Luke 3:21-22 
21 When all the people were baptized, it came to pass that Jesus also was baptized; and while He prayed, the heaven was opened. 22 And the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him, and a voice came from heaven which said, “You are My beloved Son; in You I am well pleased.”
Psalms 2:7-12 
7 “I will declare the decree: The Lord has said to Me, ‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten You.  12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, And you perish in the way, When His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all those who put their trust in Him.

Jesus was told by the Father that He is His Son so that all could hear and think back to Psalm 2, where the Son is to be trusted (faith in Him) and held to to escape God's wrath.  So Jesus as the Son of God and man paved the way for our repentance and salvation - God as Spirit both identified Jesus as the Son and enabled Him as a man.

No comments:

Post a Comment